I'm taking a business trip to my PIPs town...next week. I debated even telling them because it just seems so -- staged. And a little creepy. On the other hand, I don't believe in coincidences and I really feel like this was meant to happen. Meeting face to face is such a huge step, but at the same time, it could avoid months of talking and building hope if we don't both end up feeling like we could match.
So I told them, and they're ecstatic. It just feels like so much is falling into place.
We talked on the phone again today. It was much less chaotic given the absence of the Kid. It's so strange how you can meet a perfect stranger who you feel comfortable enough to have open, deep conversations like you've known them for years. This was that kind of conversation. How come we can't find friends here like that?
No comments:
Post a Comment