We talked on the phone. I was nervous and excited and...distracted. Toddlers aren't exactly condusive to intimate phone conversations, but we managed to get in a good 30 minutes of chatting before the Kid really lost her patience with me.
I feel like things are moving fast even though I know that, even if we match right away, it will likely be early next year before pregnancy realistically would occur. Still, e-mail is easy. You write, re-read, edit, re-read, re-word, re-read, then send. I'm a pretty elloquent writer -- if I do say so myself -- but phone conversations are a whole other ballgame. What if I say something dumb? What if there is awkward silence? What if we don't "connect"? Petty concerns? Perhaps, but very, very real.
Despite my fears, it went as smoothly as two strangers making a deal to have a baby can go. I have a feeling I'll hear from them again. I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment