- Signed physician's letter clearing me for pregnancy
- Records release form so they can contact providers directly if they need more info
- Permission to run a background check
- List of contact information for providers and facilities who cared for me during and after my pregnancy
- Records from all of my providers, including MRIs for my prolactinoma
- A complete booklet of my health care policy and it's exclusions
- Certificate of coverage
- Photo of myself and my family
Gradually over the last week, I've been faxing requests for them to turn my records over to the agency. I've requested each call me to acknowledge receipt of my fax and confirm it is being processed. Thus far, I've not heard from a single one.
I did get in touch with my insurance agency to clarify an exclusion that stated "surrogate parenting." That's all it said, nothing more. After holding for 18 minutes, the rep at last returned to inform me that it means they will not cover the IVF procedures. My prenatal and maternity care will be covered as normal. That was a relief.
Additionally, she was able to process my certificate of coverage request and I should be receiving it in the mail any day.
I have a feeling a lot of waiting is going to be involved, especially in the early stages.
Off to wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment