Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Dislike the Matching Phase

I got married young and was so thankful that I wouldn't have to go through the awkwardness of dating anymore. Yet here I am, placing personals ads and asking IPs to e-mail me if they think we'd be compatible.

When you don't get responses you feel like a loser, and when you do, it's the same game of 20 questions over and over. Straight to the point though -- I can assure you my husband would have ran away screaming if one of the first questions I posed was how do you feel about home births?

After the initial contact is when it gets really bad. You respond, they respond, you respond. Then nothing. You check your e-mail 15 times a day (ok an hour) to see if they have written back only to find an empty inbox. Then you read and re-read what you just sent wondering what sent them packing. It's ridiculous. At least I've been able to resist the urge to e-mail those who haven't responded in a couple days asking if I've scared them off...so far anyway. I guess I have a small bit of dignity left in me.

::back to waiting::

No comments:

Post a Comment