Showing posts with label clearance. Show all posts
Showing posts with label clearance. Show all posts

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Better News

The endocrinologist called yesterday to update me on what he'd found in his research. HE SAID HE'D CLEAR ME! As soon as we find a clinic he will write a letter to clear me for surrogacy and send it directly to the clinic. I don't even have to wait for my next appointment in January! This is great news, 1) for a peace of mind and 2) because that means we can move forward with our psych evaluation next month and my IPs will still be coming to visit!

He did reiterate that he can't say that I'm a "no-risk" candidate (is anyone?) but that he will consider me low-risk which means any clinic should be willing to work with me.

I got my blood work done yesterday; we should see results in a week or so. I also picked up an ovulation predictor kit, and have begun charting my basil body temp each morning. I have a feeling things are going to move quickly from here!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

The News

I didn't think my day was really deserving of a "good news" or "bad news" title... disappointing, but not a show stopper.

Beginning with the good, I was greeted by Aunt Flo this a.m. which means I ovulated! This is great news, and good progress I think.

Then I went to my appointment with the endocrinologist. Without seeing any recent blood work, he couldn't really comment on much but he did a checkup. We discussed surrogacy, but he was not familiar with the standards for pregnancy clearance. He said his gut feeling was that he would have a hard time recommending me as a "great" candidate because my condition can hinder fertility. Obviously, I know this. I asked if it mattered that with my past pregnancies I always got pregnant on the first try -- while on prolactin suppressants but on the first try never-the-less. He indidcated that would be a consideration but that he needed to speak to his colleagues before he could give me an answer on how many regular cycles I would need before he'd be willing to write the recommendation.

Then he suggested I come back in 3 months... when I began to protest, he simply said he was really busy and I'd be lucky to get in that soon. So I left it at that.

I shared the news with my IF, and we concluded that the best way to overcome this is by going to an OB for clearance. I'm going to start charting again so that by the time I meet with the OB I can take proof that I am in fact ovulating and that really, nothing is preventing me from achieving pregnancy. Crossing my fingers that does it. Appointment scheduled for Nov. 10.

And now we wait some more.