Thursday, October 7, 2010

The News

I didn't think my day was really deserving of a "good news" or "bad news" title... disappointing, but not a show stopper.

Beginning with the good, I was greeted by Aunt Flo this a.m. which means I ovulated! This is great news, and good progress I think.

Then I went to my appointment with the endocrinologist. Without seeing any recent blood work, he couldn't really comment on much but he did a checkup. We discussed surrogacy, but he was not familiar with the standards for pregnancy clearance. He said his gut feeling was that he would have a hard time recommending me as a "great" candidate because my condition can hinder fertility. Obviously, I know this. I asked if it mattered that with my past pregnancies I always got pregnant on the first try -- while on prolactin suppressants but on the first try never-the-less. He indidcated that would be a consideration but that he needed to speak to his colleagues before he could give me an answer on how many regular cycles I would need before he'd be willing to write the recommendation.

Then he suggested I come back in 3 months... when I began to protest, he simply said he was really busy and I'd be lucky to get in that soon. So I left it at that.

I shared the news with my IF, and we concluded that the best way to overcome this is by going to an OB for clearance. I'm going to start charting again so that by the time I meet with the OB I can take proof that I am in fact ovulating and that really, nothing is preventing me from achieving pregnancy. Crossing my fingers that does it. Appointment scheduled for Nov. 10.

And now we wait some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment