After a long courtship, we're starting to get into details about our contract. I know that traditionally this is something people discuss right up front so there are no surprises, but this couple is so perfect for me and I already have my heart set on giving them a baby so at this point, barring any funny business, there isn't much they can do, say or suggest that will send me running.
We're already planning evaluations and I'm charting my cycles, and we haven't even set a comp yet. I think in the eyes of most surros this would officially make me a loon! We're still planning psych evaluations next month so my hope is we will have the contract mostly tied down by that point. In all honestly, my concerns are really more with having birth options than with monetary compensation.
Speaking of charting, I started tracking my temperatures last week and my IPs had me go get some OPKs. I did the first one today on CD9 and will continue to take one a day until I get a positive. My best guess tells me it will be right around Oct. 23.
Also this week we found a clinic who is willing to work with us! They are in Waterloo, Iowa, which is closer than Chicago. They have never done a surrogacy but said they didn't have any concerns about it, nor that my IPs are a same-sex couple. It sounds like we may try to meet with them when my IPs visit next month. Between that and getting out psych evals done, it will be a quick and busy trip but I think we will all feel like a lot was accomplished once we have those two things out of the way. At that point we'll just be back to waiting.
I have so much more to say, but it's 4:58 on Friday and I need to get home to the hubby who turns 30 tomorrow! Things are starting to feel more like a reality!
No comments:
Post a Comment