Monday, October 31, 2011

Cycle #2

BFN this time, but IPs still seem very optimistic and we're going to try again this month. Currently, I'm on CD 8. I'm heading up to Waterloo with the Hubby on Sunday for my u/s and if all goes well, we'll insem on Monday, a week from today. Sheesh how did the cycle go by so quickly?? The two weeks to my BFN kind of dragged but after that I started doing double takes wondering if it were really possible to be this far into my cycle already.

Hubby and I are making a mini trip of the weekend. We're leaving the Bear with grandparents and got a hotel room for the night so we don't have to drive up and back twice. Thought we'd enjoy a day lounging, maybe read a book and wind down in the hot tub! Not sure if there is much to see and do in the great northeast of Iowa, but we're about to find out. The kid free time will be good for both of us, I'm sure.

I had a mini freakout in our 2ww. Despite my greatest testing knowledge and strongest restraint, I had decided I really needed to POAS at 7 dpo. And it was positive. Very, very faint line, but it was there. No question about it. I floated around on a cloud for a few hours and then it hit me...can trigger shots cause a false positive. Good thing I had google to slap me back to reality. Sure enough, the HCG from the shot stays in your system for 10-15 days and it was most definitely what was causing my too early, too good to be true positive. Oh well -- good thing I hadn't called J&K with the good news just yet. That woulda been a tough oops to recover from.

Hoping the second cycle is our last. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment