And my journey is moving forward. It took me a little bit to be really sure this is still what I wanted. For a while I was feeling like I didn't really "need" surrogacy in the way that I initially thought I did. I also was feeling discouraged from the results of my last two journeys, and wasn't certain I was up for the challenge anymore. Eventually I concluded that it was true my selfish desire for a natural birth has faded substantially, but my other reasons for wanting to carry for another couple have grown. I feel like maybe things in the past have played out the way they did because I wasn't truly ready. I feel more ready now than ever.
We got our contract finalized over the weekend, and we'll be signing any day now. I have an appointment with our clinic tomorrow, and if everything goes well, we should reasonably expect to be starting insems next week! Can't believe its here already! I know for K&J it has seemed like eternity, but time really has gone quickly for me.
I have about 2 dozen questions for the clinic since I haven't done IUIs before, and I'll report back later this week with the results of my appointment. Unti then, I'm keeping my mind occupied so I don't get too worked up about everything that's coming.
Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment