Who knew I'd be in this game for a whole year and find myself still looking for a match? A lot has happened since my last post in April -- we tried a few more times, had a few more BFNs, took another month off followed by somewhat of a falling out that left me in the market for IPs once again.
Determined that this is still something I really want to do, I started poking around the boards again, looking at ads and remembering how much I loathe the matching phase. I sent out a couple of notes to potential IPs and then I thought maybe I should just take a break for a while.
Several days later, an IM I had sent a friend request to responded. I remembered her story from a message board she had posted on and knew they were located within a few hours drive of us...so I thought 'What the heck? We can chat and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.'
But it seems to be working. After a weeks worth of emails we thought why not have dinner. So we did. And it was great. That very night I got an email saying they would love to work with me! Excited but cautious, I responded that I would love to work with them as well, but I don't want to rush things. We're going to take our time getting to know one another just to make sure our match is truly perfect. I'm trying not to get too excited about the prospect of having IPs so close. I love that they will be able to be here for everything, to watch the pregnancy, to enjoy it as parents should be able to enjoy the milestones leading up to the birth of their baby. For now, just baby steps but I do look forward to getting back into blogging and documenting my continued journey.
I am so pleased for you! I hope it continues to go from strength and strength and you get the match you want and need.
ReplyDelete