Friday, October 14, 2011

Here Goes Nothin

It's about time I really start documenting this journey, as it has officially begun.

Oct. 4, CD8 - I had my initial consulation with the clinic. I brought my charts but the doc basically just said that if I know my cycle, I should tell him when a good time for me to come is, noting that I should plan for about two days in advance of my estimated ovulation day. I <3 working with someone who trusts that I know my body and doesn't try to put everyone into a textbook. The doc was fantastic, the clinic was incredibly accommodating and I would recommend them to anyone. They have never done a surrogacy before but everyone was enthusiastic and excited to be a part of it. I scheduled my next appointment for CD14.

Oct. 10, CD 14 - I came in for an ultrasound. My follicles were just the right length for a trigger, and the technician raved about my thick lining. Spoke to the doctor briefly and he was in disbelief that I had not gotten pregnant sooner despite not being on BC (back to that whole knowing your cycle thing ;) ). He wrote me a prescription and off I went to the parmacy to pick up my shot. I brought it back to the clinic, they did a quick prick in my behind and sent me on my way. Despite that my schedule was a little crazy due to work travel, the staff volunteered to stay after hours to meet with us. Again, super accommodating, super amazing. We scheduled our IUI for the next day at 6.

Oct. 11, CD 15 - IPs arrived about an hour early, and fortunately I got on the road sooner than expected as well. By the time I arrived a smidge after 5, the sperm was already being washed. IM came back to the room with me for the IUI. I think she was a little hesitatant but like I told her, she's going to see me give birth sometime next year -- I hardly think there is anything that's going to happen pre-pregnancy that is more personal than that. We were both glad she could feel a part of the process.

The IUI itself was less scary that I had prepped myself for. It was quick and easy, and the only thing that was uncomfortable was when they unexpectedly shoved the plastic covered sponge in there to hold everything in place. After we were done, I layed on the table for 15 minutes with my pelvis in the air and that was it.

Oct. 14, CD 18 - I had a temp drop on CD 16 followed by a spike on CD 17. Temp stayed high again today. I need tomorrow's temp to confirm, but assuming it stays high, I think we can safely say we were spot on with our timing. I O'd the day after we did our insems. Now I'm all flustered pondering how I will tell J&K if we get a BFP! They are close, but not close enough that we can be together to test unless we wait for a weekend. Despite being able to test as early as Oct. 24 (a Monday), maybe we'll wait til the weekend. In the mean time, I'm just trying to stay occupied and not overanalyze every little twinge and pain.

Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment