Wake up at 6 a.m. to take my BBT. Saunter to the bathroom to put a drop of saliva on the ferning test lens. Brush my teeth, pee in a cup and dip my OPK strip, go to the kitchen to take my two vitamins and my prolactin meds.
Back to to the bathroom to check my ferning patterns in the saliva and read the OPK.
Record temp and test results.
It's not terribly time consuming, but it makes me giggle at how quickly we form routines.
V&S were the ones who suggested the ferning test. I had never heard of it but after some reading, it appears it's effective and often detects ovulation a few days earlier because you have a mid-point, not just a positive or negative. I also decided to keep up with the OPK strips. I like them for the same reason. I've tried the Clear Blue tests where you get a smiley or a circle, and while easy to read, they don't give you any indication ovulation is coming. With the strips, you can watch the line gradually darken indicating ovulation is likely near.
Today is CD 12. A week from tomorrow, V&S are flying in and we'll have three days to hopefully fertilize an egg, and then it's the dreaded 2WW. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I want so badly for this to just work the first time around so the anticipation and what ifs are all out of the way.
For now, we wait.

No comments:
Post a Comment