Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Chapter

I'm not sure I can -- or care to -- recap everything that's happened over the course of my journey since I last posted. It's a new day, a new year, and I just want to start fresh documenting this new journey I'm embarking on.

Meet V&S. My new IPs! That's right, I'm matched again and couldn't imagine a more perfect couple to start over with.

We first began talking in early November. I had almost decided to match with another couple who was in Chicago, just a few short hours drive, when V insisted I at least meet them before making my decision. With them in California and being only a week before Christmas, flying to meet one another wasn't an option so we met by webcam instead. It was the two of them and C and I, plus Bear who only stayed awake long enough to say hello before promptly falling asleep on our laps while we were chatting.

By the time our conversation had ended, I already knew which couple I was going to choose, and I was fairly certain they were smitten with C, which I know can be a deciding factor for some -- the relationship with their surro is important, but they also have to be comfortable with her family. C and I talked and decided, just to be sure we were being completely rational and not sitting with our heads in the clouds we would sleep on it until after Christmas and, if we still felt the same at that time, we would let them know of our decision.

Well we still felt the same and I eagerly called them on Dec. 27 to let them know I'd love to carry for them if they'd have me. They graciously accepted, some tears were shed and we began making plans to put a contract in place.

V&S will be coming to Iowa to visit the first weekend in February, and -- assuming all goes well -- we'd like to start TTC later that month. The first visit will give them a chance to know us in real life, see how we live and what type of environment their baby will be gestating in, as well as an opportunity to meet our midwife and doula. We also agreed that having already met in person will take some of the pressure off because we won't be stressing about trying to get pregnant the first time we meet.

All in all they are a genuine, sweet, compassionate couple, and I'm so glad I didn't let location deter me from matching with them. They are cultured, well educated, and posses a lot of other characteristics that I value. They will provide a great home to raise a family in, and I'm so excited to be able to help them do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment