But it wasn't really a farewell at all, more like a see you soon. We were having lunch the day of my departure. I had just taken a large bite of NY-style pizza when I heard the words, "We want you to be our surrogate." Speechless. I'm fairly certain they must have thought I wasn't even excited because I quite literally said nothing. I finished chewing and smiled. That was it. There were truly no words to describe this feeling. All I could think was that this was it, and this is exactly what I am supposed to be doing. I don't really remember what I eventually said, only that it took me a while to think of anything.
Of course I want to talk to the Hubby and go over everything. I need to know he's really OK with this, and my IPs feel the same. We are one conversation away from matching. But first, a night dedicated to snuggles with my princess.
No comments:
Post a Comment